Mangatainoka Motors Show & Shine 2020
Bringing engine enthusiasts together since 1889.
Managatainoka Motors Update - REVISED 2020 Dates
We're stoked to be underway with the 2020 Toki Motors events. To dial up the competition, and ensure everyone gets the chance to show off their wheels post-lockdown, we've teamed up the categories. This is the moment you've been waiting for. We kicked off the first of five events with our Japanese vs. American Day on Sunday 26 July, and will be running the different events on the last Sunday of each month through until November. Vehicles and Bikes welcome. Check out all the new dates below, and be sure to register.
What's It All About?
Right here at Tui Brewery on the last Sunday of each month we invite car and motorbike owners to bring their ride to participate in one of our Mangatainoka Motors Show and Shine Days.
Are you the owner of vintage, classic or Hot Rod? Do you have a V8 that sets hearts quivering and gets heads turning? Are you team blue or team red and have a sweet ride that represents your loyalty? Or perhaps you think two wheels are better than four?
Well, you'll be chuffed to hear our Toki Motors Shows are back. Well known by all kiwi engine enthusiasts as a fabulous day out, these shows give you the chance to display your sweet ride for other car lovers and the general public to enjoy, and you can compete to win some sweet prizes while you're at it! Now we bet that got your attention!
While you are here, enjoy the live music, delicious food, a cleansing ale, jump on a brewery tour, take a look at our Histui Museum or do a bit of shopping on merch at the Tui Shop. Or simply kick back, relax, and catch up with family and friends while others check out your ride.
REVISED DATES 2020
26 July - Japanese vs American - DONE!
30 August - Ford vs Holden - CANCELLED
27 September - Hot Rods vs V8's
25 October - 2 Wheels Day
29 November - Vintage vs Brexit vs EU
Pre Register Your Bike Or Vehicle
Register your vehicle or bike NOW to make it easier for you on the day – its only $10 online. Then on the day just drive in, park up, place your email confirmation on your dashboard and you’re done! Easy as that.
If you don't pre-register, you can still register on the day. But it makes it easier for everyone - you included - if you do it in advance.
Proceeds from the registrations go towards the Mangatainoka Motors Reserve Restoration Project.
There's heaps of awesome prizes up for grabs from Most Original and People's Choice to Star of the Show! There’s a whopping $500 for the overall winner - the Star of the Show - which is not to be sneezed at. Bring your hanky.
- Most Original
- Local Star (has to be from Wairarapa or Tararua)
- Best In Category - for, well, the best in your category
- Furthest Travelled
- People’s Choice
- Star of Show
KEY TIMINGS FOR TOKI MOTORS
- Gates open for registering vehicles and bikes at 9.30am
- Tui HQ open to public and spectators at 10am
- All cars and bikes must be parked by 10.45am Please don't exceed 10km/h on Tui Brewery grounds
- Registrations close 11am
- Judging will take place from 11am - 12pm
- People's Choice votes must be in to Tui shop by 12pm
- Prize giving in the garden bar 12.30pm
- Opportunity to get photos with your wheels in front of the Tui Tower after prizegiving
- Brewery Tour ($25 per person) leaves at 2.30pm from Tui Shop
- Tui HQ will shut at 4pm for July, August, September and October events
Fancy putting your prized goodies on display, or showcasing your fancy paintings? Here's what's required:
- Your stall must be of mutual benefit to the audience, Tui Brewery and your cause or business
- You will be required to attend at least half of the 2020 Toki Motors events
- You will need to be set up by 9.15am and on site until 2pm
- You will need to provide a Health & Safety Plan, a Risk Management Plan and any relevant compliance and / or licencing documentation for your stall
- Your stall cannot in any way be a youth related cause
- Your stall needs to be functional in all weather conditions
- You will need to supply a reference from a previous event you have attended
- You will need to provide all of your own supplies, equipment, furniture, floats, and set up your stall completely on your own
The Tui Brewery will provide:
- Power supply (you need your own tagged extension cords)
- Sealed or grass area
- Possibly an undercover area depending on size of events
- A car park
- Possibly some promotion of your activity prior to the events
Tui Brewery accept no responsibility for any damage caused to vehicles or other possessions while attending the Mangatainoka Motors events. You enter at your own risk.
Please complete this form:
FUNCTIONS AT TOKI MOTORS
Why not combine your car club AGM, Committee Meeting or just have a get together at the same time as one of our Toki Motors events? We have function rooms for 10-200 people available where you can do your thing, and also check out peoples' sweet rides. Enquire about our private function space by contacting us – firstname.lastname@example.org 06 376 0815. More information on our function spaces can also be found HERE
- Sign up to our email newsletters to stay up to date with Mangatainoka Motors and all happenings at Tui Brewery
- And follow us on Facebook @tui to see all of our event information and updates